The Historic Village will come alive with cultures from around the world. On stage cultural performances will take place throughout the day. Try some exciting food from many ethnic and local cuisines. Stroll through arts and crafts stalls. Try hands on arts and crafts from several cultures. And not forgetting the children – a Bouncy castle, face painting and candy floss.
- Date: Saturday, 19 March 2011
- Location: Historic Village on 17th Avenue
- Time: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Visit for more event information: ethnictauranga.org
The festival is an afternoon of great food cooked in traditional and comtemporary styles, live music and entertainment, and cooking demonstrations by headline chefs, plus much more.
Kaimoana Festival Entertainment Schedule
- 12:00 Opening with Maketu Primary School Kapa Haka group
- 12:15 Peri Kohu (main stage)
- 1:15 Te Puke Pipe Band (on field)
- 1:30 Virgina Turner – cookery demo (cooking stage)
- 2:00 Left Hand Break (main stage)
- 3:00 Peter Blakeway – cookery demo (cooking stage)
- 3:30 Urban Dance Crew (on field)
- 3:45 Azwiar (main stage)
- 4:30 Tauranga Samba Band (on field)
- 5:00 Wicked Wahine (main stage) Tina Cross & Taisha Tari
- Date: Saturday, 26 February 2011
- Location: Maketu
- Time: 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Visit for more event information: maketukaimoana.co.nz
Blacks Sticks Men will play a test series of three games against Japan and Korea. Grab your chance to see top international hockey in Tauranga.
- Location: Tauranga Hockey Centre
- Black Sticks vs Japan – 19th Feb 3pm
- Black Sticks vs Japan – 22nd Feb 7pm
- Black Sticks vs Korea – 20th Feb 3pm
- Korea vs Japan – 21st Feb 7pm
Visit for more event information: tgahockey.co.nz