The Historic Village will come alive with cultures from around the world. On stage cultural performances will take place throughout the day. Try some exciting food from many ethnic and local cuisines. Stroll through arts and crafts stalls. Try hands on arts and crafts from several cultures. And not forgetting the children – a Bouncy castle, face painting and candy floss.
- Date: Saturday, 17 March 2012
- Location: Historic Village on 17th Avenue
- Time: 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Visit for more event information: trmc.co.nz
The 5th Maketu Kaimoana festival is an afternoon of great food cooked in traditional and contemporary styles, live music and entertainment, and cooking demonstrations by headline chefs, plus much more.
- Date: Saturday, 10 March 2012
- Location: Maketu Sports Ground, Maketu Road, Maketu
- Time: 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Visit for more event information: maketukaimoana.co.nz
Watch the skies over the Bay of Plenty come alive with the sound of fighter planes for the biennial Tauranga City Airshow.
This time there will be a full airshow on the Saturday and Sunday with full family fun programmes running on both days. Expect skydivers, gliders, a great range of food and refreshments, a host of trade and topical interest exhibits right through to heavy military iron and battle re-enactments.
- Date: 28th and 29th of January 2012
- Location: Tauranga airport
- Time: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Visit for more event information: Tauranga City Airshow – Classic Flyers
People from the Bay know exactly how to celebrate the festive season in style. The atmosphere at these events is unparalleled as the track comes alive for two special occasions with live entertainment and spirited thoroughbred racing.
- Date: Friday, 9th December 2011
- Location: Tauranga Racecourse, Cameron Rd, Greerton, Tauranga
- Time: Gates Open: 9:30 a.m.
Visit for more event information: theraces.co.nz
The 2011 TrustPower Christmas Festival and Santa Parade is on at midday on Sunday 28th of November. Lots of free entertainment and fun starts at 11am until 2pm. The Float Parade begins from Rata Street, and there’s plenty more family fun and activities after the Parade.
- Date: Sunday, 27th November 2011
- Location: Downtown, Mount Maunganui
- Time: 11am until 2pm
Visit for more event information: mountmaunganui.org.nz